Jones departs from Bearcats
Bearcats coach Butch Jones told reporters today that Demetrius Jones is no longer a part of the Cincinnati program. He has not practiced with the team this spring.
"I would just say that we have certain expectations that we live by," Butch Jones told the Cincinnati Enquirer. "It starts with academics and going to class. The only thing I'll say is that he's made a decision and he's moving on. I wish him the best in his endeavors."
Demetrius Jones started Notre Dame's 2007 opener against Georgia Tech at quarterback then left the team and transferred to Cincinnati when it became clear that he would be replaced by Jimmy Clausen. Arm surgery limited him to a minor role in 2008, and last spring he switched to linebacker, where he had 36 tackles and an interception in 10 games, mostly as a reserve.
Brian Bennett covers Big East football for ESPN.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cincinnati Bearcats Sideline Razor Black T-Shirt