Christensen gets one-year extension
LARAMIE, Wyo. -- After just one season, Wyoming has extended the contract of football coach Dave Christensen by one year through 2014.
Last year, Christensen became the first head football coach in Wyoming history to win a bowl game in his first season. Wyoming defeated Fresno State 35-28 in double overtime in the 2009 New Mexico Bowl.
When Christensen was hired in December 2008, Wyoming signed him to a five-year contract with a base salary of $180,000 a year.
With his one-year extension, Christensen is now under contract until Dec. 31, 2014. His original annual base salary of $180,000 remains unchanged.
Wyoming athletic director Tom Burman says Christensen has returned Wyoming football to a competitive position and re-energized its fan base.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Ducks suspend TE Brown for snowball fight
- Source: Wake hires coach Clawson of BGSU
- Clowney gets ticket for driving 110 in S.C.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Wyoming Cowboys Gold Legend Football Practice Performance T-Shirt