Myles faces unspecified misdemeanor
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee freshman safety Darren Myles Jr. is facing misdemeanor charges and possible discipline by the program, Vols coach Derek Dooley said Sunday.
Myles was charged after an early Sunday morning incident, though Tennessee did not reveal details. No information was available from Knoxville police about the incident.
The Volunteers' spring game was Saturday.
Dooley said in a statement he was disappointed in Myles' behavior and will investigate the charges before deciding on a punishment.
Last season, the Vols had three players charged with attempted armed robbery in November while a fourth player was cited for shoplifting a week later.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lawsuit challenges NCAA amateur model
- Alcohol sales not planned at Michigan Stadium
- Longhorns dismiss 2 for violating team rules
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Tennessee Volunteers Mini Authentic Football Helmet