Stumon released on bond
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Authorities say Arkansas fullback Van Stumon has been charged with drunken driving and other offenses after an early morning traffic stop in Fayetteville.
The 22-year-old Stumon was arrested Saturday, booked into the Washington County Jail and released later in the morning on $1,200 bond.
A police report said Stumon was pulled over about 2:20 a.m. after officers saw him make an improper turn, drive over a curb into a parking lot and park his car erratically. According to the report, Stumon failed a field sobriety test and registered 0.10 percent on a blood-alcohol test.
He was charged with DWI, careless driving, making an improper U-turn and making an improper lane change. He is scheduled to appear July 16 in Fayetteville District Court.
Zack Higbee, a spokesman for the Arkansas athletics program, said coach Bobby Petrino is handling the matter.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
- OU RB banned from team amid investigation
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- All Conference Men's Arkansas Razorbacks 'Built SEC Tough' Football Black T-Shirt