Brooks to have FSU jersey retired
Florida State officials said Friday that Brooks' jersey would be retired in a ceremony at its Nov. 13 home game against Clemson.
Brooks becomes the eighth Florida State player to be similarly honored. The others include Heisman Trophy quarterbacks Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke, receivers Fred Biletnikoff and Ron Sellers, cornerback Deion Sanders, noseguard Ron Simmons and tailback Warrick Dunn.
A two-time AP All-American, 11-time Pro Bowler and Tampa's all-time leading tackler, Brooks helped the Seminoles to their first national championship in 1993 and the Bucs' to their only Super Bowl title in 2002.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- NCAA's top cop: Cheaters 'will be found out'
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida State Seminoles Grey Football Practice Legend T-Shirt