Stanley chooses Florida St.
"My heart is at Florida State," Stanley said. "I have a great connection with all the coaches. It was tough to leave USC because I liked the coaching staff but I want to play for a championship and play in a bowl game."
Stanley said he also considered Miami, South Florida, Kansas State, Texas Tech and Baylor.
Stanley is 6-foot-2, 245 pounds and played last season at Eastern Arizona Junior College. He has two seasons of eligiblity left including this season.
Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth USC Trojans Cardinal #9 Football Game Jersey