Derek Dooley reinstates 2 Volunteers
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Volunteers coach Derek Dooley has reinstated two Volunteers players he suspended following a July bar brawl that left an off-duty police officer seriously injured.
Sophomore linebacker Greg King and sophomore defensive tackle Marlon Walls will join their teammates when they begin fall practice Wednesday. The pair has been suspended since the July 9 brawl, though their roles in the incident have never been made clear by police.
Dooley said Tuesday he's comfortable with the punishment Walls and King have served and said the pair have had good attitudes and shown remorse about the incident, which also led to defensive back Darren Myles' dismissal.
Dooley says he doesn't expect to punish anyone else unless police uncover new information in their investigation.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Tennessee Volunteers #8 White Replica Football Jersey