Mike Smith out for season
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska senior offensive lineman Mike Smith is out for the season because of a broken leg.
Coach Bo Pelini said after Wednesday's practice that Smith was injured during a contact drill on Tuesday. Smith started 14 games at left tackle last season but was expected to play a backup role at guard and center this year.
Offensive lineman Jermarcus "Yoshi" Hardrick missed his second practice in a row after being hospitalized briefly for dehydration Monday. Pelini said Hardrick should be back on the field Thursday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Ducks decided favorites in Pac-12 media poll
- Source: Indiana, Cincy set '21, '22 meetings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Nebraska Cornhuskers White Sideline Coaches Polo