Mike Leach to work as TV analyst
NEW YORK -- Former Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach will call games on television as he pursues a lawsuit over his firing from the school.
Cable network CBS College Sports announced Monday that Leach will work as an analyst this season.
Texas Tech fired Leach Dec. 30, two days after suspending him amid allegations he mistreated a player with a concussion. Leach has denied mistreating the player, and his lawyers have suggested he was fired because he was due to receive an $800,000 bonus Dec. 31.
Leach sued the school, claiming he is owed $9 million because of breach of contract.
Leach will work with play-by-play announcer Roger Twibell on CBS College Sports, which airs Mountain West, Conference USA and service academy games.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- UW coach: Rules claims are 'untrue attacks'
- Bama LB Dickson suspended for Sugar Bowl
- Baylor WR Reese to return for Fiesta Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN DALLAS
- Under Armour Youth Texas Tech Red Raiders #22 Black Replica Football Jersey