Willy Korn to play at N. Greenville
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -- Former Clemson quarterback Willy Korn's attempt at playing at another Football Bowl Subdivision program was short-lived.
Korn is transferring to Division II North Greenville after an ill-fated try at making the roster at Marshall. North Greenville athletics spokesman Micah Sepko said Tuesday that Korn is registered for classes and is at the Tigerville, S.C., school's football facility.
Korn, who earned his undergraduate degree from Clemson in May, was hoping to compete for the starting job at Marshall, but coach Doc Holliday moved him to safety last week.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU starts No. 1 in preseason coaches' poll
- Florida St. lands Elite 11 QB recruit Francois
- Ex-Heisman winner Lujack OK after surgery
- Fired OSU band director was trying to fix culture
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Clemson Tigers Orange 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt