Source: Lane Kiffin's in-law questioned
The NCAA interviewed New Mexico quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator David Reaves Tuesday morning about the recruiting practices of former Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin and the staff when he was with the Volunteers, a source said.
Reaves is the brother-in-law of Kiffin, now the USC coach. Kiffin, who married David's sister, Layla, opted not to take Reaves with him to USC.
Reaves said at the time he didn't know Kiffin was leaving Tennessee.
The source said Reeves, as part of a broadened NCAA inquiry, was asked about Tennessee recruiting hostesses having attended recruits' high school games, calls to prospects during an all-star game and recruiting weekends.
Joe Schad is a college football reporter for ESPN.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Sources: Bama eyes making Saban top paid
- Texas Tech QB Mayfield will seek transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN LOS ANGELES
- adidas Men's Tennessee Volunteers #45 Replica Football Jersey