Arkansas station hires Razorback
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- A northwest Arkansas radio station has hired former Razorbacks running back Michael Smith to replace a reporter who was fired after she wore a Florida Gators hat to a Razorbacks' football news conference.
KAKS general manager Dan Storrs confirmed Wednesday that his station had hired Smith, who rushed for 2,018 yards for Arkansas between 2006-09.
Storrs says Smith did some work for the station at the Razorbacks' spring game this year, and would now be reporting from practice.
Reporter Renee Gork was fired amid a brouhaha that began when she wore a Florida hat to an Aug. 14 news conference with Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino.
Storrs has maintained the hat was not the main reason for her dismissal.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Black 2013 Football Schedule T-Shirt