Tandon Doss of Indiana to miss opener
Doss, a first-team all-conference selection as a sophomore in 2009, has been battling the injury in camp.
"He's been day to day," coach Bill Lynch told reporters Monday night in Bloomington, "but I thought in fairness to him and probably the other guys, he's just not making the progress that he needs to to play Thursday night at full speed."
The 6-3, 200-pound Doss ranked third in the Big Ten in both receptions (77) and receiving yards (962) last season, scoring five touchdowns.
Adam Rittenberg covers Big Ten football for ESPN.com. He can be reached at email@example.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
- Lee tries to get 'up to par' at USC pro day
- RB Williams improves speed at BC pro day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Indiana Hoosiers Mini Authentic Football Helmet