Josh Rouse to have neck surgery
EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio says fullback Josh Rouse is out for the season after a neck injury Saturday.
Rouse left Michigan State's 38-14 victory over Western Michigan in the first half walking under his own power but did not return to the game.
Dantonio said the injury is to a vertebra in the neck. Rouse is expected to have surgery Saturday night.
Dantonio said Rouse has full movement.
Rouse is a senior from Newtown, Conn. He missed all of last season with a toe injury.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Top QB commit: No 'Johnny Football' pressure
- Cops: Miami LBs admit to sex assault of teen
- USC's Bigelow out for season with torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Michigan State Spartans Green Rose Bowl Bound Leader Quarter-Zip Pullover