McNeese St. plane blew tire on takeoff
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- A plane carrying the McNeese State football team to Missouri made an emergency landing on three wheels after blowing out a tire on takeoff.
The plane clipped a light at the end of the runway Friday at Lake Charles, La., Regional Airport, damaging the left outside tire. Another jet was flown in from Detroit to take the team to Missouri.
None of the 137 passengers on board were injured or aware of the situation until they arrived to emergency vehicles waiting for them on the runway.
Missouri played McNeese State in its home opener Saturday night.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Youth McNeese State Cowboys Gold 'Light 'Em Up' Tech Performance T-Shirt