Brandon Hogan charged with DUI
West Virginia starting cornerback Brandon Hogan was charged with DUI early Sunday morning in Morgantown.
Mountaineers coach Bill Stewart told the Charleston Daily Mail that he was aware of Hogan's arrest and was gathering facts before making a decision on Hogan's playing status. According to the paper, Hogan was pulled over around 3 a.m. Sunday morning after police spotted him driving the wrong way down a one-way street.
A senior, Hogan was named to the Thorpe Award preseason watch list and is arguably the best cornerback in the Big East. He has 11 tackles and an interception this season for the 2-0 Mountaineers, who host Maryland on Saturday.
Hogan has also been in and out of Stewart's doghouse and spent much of this spring running stairs instead of practicing for being out of shape, skipping classes and receiving a citation for disorderly conduct and public urination.
Brian Bennett covers Big East football for ESPN.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Youth West Virginia Mountaineers Blue 'Light 'Em Up' Tech Performance T-Shirt