Brennan Clay (concussion) to sit
NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma freshman running back Brennan Clay will be held out of Saturday's game against Air Force due to a concussion.
Clay was carted off the field in the fourth quarter of the Sooners' 47-17 win against Florida State on Saturday. Coach Bob Stoops said Tuesday that it's unclear when he'll play again for the seventh-ranked Sooners.
Clay had become the third-string running back for Oklahoma after fellow freshman Roy Finch suffered a hairline fracture in his ankle during training camp.
Stoops says Finch and linebacker Austin Box, who is recovering from a back injury, also won't play against Air Force.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Oklahoma Sooners White #10 Football Game Jersey