Brennan Clay (concussion) to sit
NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma freshman running back Brennan Clay will be held out of Saturday's game against Air Force due to a concussion.
Clay was carted off the field in the fourth quarter of the Sooners' 47-17 win against Florida State on Saturday. Coach Bob Stoops said Tuesday that it's unclear when he'll play again for the seventh-ranked Sooners.
Clay had become the third-string running back for Oklahoma after fellow freshman Roy Finch suffered a hairline fracture in his ankle during training camp.
Stoops says Finch and linebacker Austin Box, who is recovering from a back injury, also won't play against Air Force.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Lawsuit challenges NCAA amateur model
- Alcohol sales not planned at Michigan Stadium
- Police wrongly identify UF's Debose as attacker
- Auburn recruit hit with 'probationary status'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Oklahoma Sooners Full-Size Autograph Football