UNC without 12 players vs. Ga. Tech
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina was short-handed again due to the ongoing NCAA investigation into its football program. The Tar Heels were without 12 players for Saturday's home-opening 30-24 loss to Georgia Tech.
Thirteen players missed the opener against LSU on Labor Day weekend. The school had hoped to find out the status of several players during the off week that followed, but only tailback Shaun Draughn was cleared from that group.
The NCAA is looking into agent-related benefits and possible academic misconduct involving a tutor.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings North Carolina Tar Heels Hail Mary Youth-Sized Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider