Kicker Patrick O'Hara out for Oklahoma
NORMAN, Okla. -- Starting kicker Patrick O'Hara missed No. 7 Oklahoma's game Saturday against Air Force with a muscle strain.
O'Hara, a walk-on, emerged from a competition with former starter Jimmy Stevens and freshman Michael Hunnicutt to win the job in the preseason. He is 3-for-4 on field goals so far this season, missing from 44 yards and connecting on three shorter kicks.
O'Hara did not warm up and was wearing sweatpants with his jersey shirt.
Stevens took his place.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Air Force Falcons Hail Mary Youth-Size Football