Dan Mason leaves field on stretcher
PITTSBURGH -- Pitt linebacker Dan Mason has been taken off the field on a stretcher after apparently injuring his right leg with 8:51 remaining in the third quarter against No. 19 Miami.
Mason lay on the field, in obvious pain, for more than 5 minutes as more than a dozen teammates and medical personnel gathered around him.
Before being taken off the field, he raised his right arm and flashed a No. 1 sign as fans cheered.
Mason did not start the game for disciplinary reasons, but entered late in the first quarter.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Accuser lawyer blasts Winston investigation
- Irish QB Golson re-admitted after suspension
- Georgia QB Murray: I'll be ready for pro day
- Navy coach: We don't talk about the streak
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Pitt Panthers Full-Size Autograph Football