Lou Eliades injures knee
Penn State starting right tackle Lou Eliades suffered a serious knee injury in Saturday's win against Temple and could be sidelined for an extended period.
Coach Joe Paterno said after the game that he's "almost sure [Eliades has] a torn ACL," adding that the senior likely will miss the remainder of the season.
The 6-foot-4, 310-pound Eliades started at right guard last season before being moved to tackle.
Penn State opens the Big Ten season next week at No. 18 Iowa.
Adam Rittenberg covers Big Ten football for ESPN.com. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
- Lee tries to get 'up to par' at USC pro day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Penn State Nittany Lions Replica Football