Illinois' Hugh Thornton in legal trouble
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Illinois offensive lineman Hugh Thornton was arrested over the weekend following a fight at a bar and may not play this weekend against No. 2 Ohio State.
Illinois spokesman Kent Brown said Monday that coach Ron Zook has not decided whether Thornton will play on Saturday. He said Thornton is practicing.
Champaign County State's Attorney Julia Rietz said Thornton was not charged in the fight. But after allegedly admitting he used someone else's ID to get in the bar, she has filed paperwork to revoke his court supervision from a 2009 arrest for unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Thornton is due in court Oct. 13. Rietz said he could be sentenced to up to a year in jail for the earlier misdemeanor offense.
The 19-year-old Thornton did not respond to an e-mail seeking comment.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
- Lee tries to get 'up to par' at USC pro day
- RB Williams improves speed at BC pro day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Illinois Fighting Illini Blue #45 Football Game Jersey