Jaz Reynolds suspended for tweet
NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma has suspended receiver Jaz Reynolds indefinitely after he posted what coach Bob Stoops called "insensitive remarks" on his Twitter page about a gunman who committed suicide on the University of Texas campus.
An account with the handle JazReynolds posted the message, "Hey everyone in Austin, tx.......kill yourself" on Tuesday, the day of the suicide, followed by a disregard request 5 minutes later. The account was deactivated Wednesday.
Stoops says he is "incredibly disappointed that someone connected with our team would react so callously."
Reynolds, who has no catches this season, will miss at least Saturday's game between the eighth-ranked Sooners and No. 21 Texas in Dallas.
Stoops says that the "rivalry with Texas will not come at the expense of dignity and respect."
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Oklahoma Sooners #10 Crimson Football Game Jersey