Ryan Williams out vs. NC State
BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Virginia Tech tailback Ryan Williams will miss his second game with a hamstring injury when the Hokies play at No. 23 North Carolina State on Saturday.
The school had Williams on the list of five players that will not be available for the Atlantic Coast Conference game in Raleigh, N.C. The others are defensive tackle Kwamaine Battle, tight end Eric Martin and linebackers Barquell Rivers and Lorenzo Williams.
Williams was an all-ACC performer last season when he ran for an ACC freshman record 1,655 yards and scored 22 touchdowns, including 21 rushing. Both established league records.
He has gained just 139 yards and scored three touchdowns this season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Virginia Tech Hokies Mini Rubber Football