Horizon Air paints plane in Idaho colors
BOISE, Idaho -- University of Idaho Athletic Director Rob Spear's flight options may have just opened up.
It's been almost a year since Spear declined to get on a Horizon Air plane painted in rival Boise State's colors, vowing he would board only after the company painted an aircraft for his Vandals.
On Monday, Spear finally got his wish.
Horizon Air has announced that a Q400 aircraft will be painted in Idaho silver and gold. The plane will be available for service in November, a year after Spear made headlines for declining to board the Boise State plane.
In a statement, Spear called the Vandal plane a "bold recognition of Idaho's flagship university."
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- N'western players set for historic union vote
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Plan would give big conferences more say
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Boise State Broncos Full-Size Autograph Football