Investigators interview NFL agent
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Investigators with the North Carolina Secretary of State's office have interviewed NFL agent Gary Wichard as part of their probe into whether the state's sports agent laws were broken.
His attorney Howard Silber said Tuesday night that Wichard spoke to the investigators via teleconference for roughly two hours earlier that day but declined further comment.
Elaine Marshall's office launched its probe in July, shortly after the NCAA began investigating the football program at North Carolina. The NCAA's probe initially focused on agent-related benefits but expanded to include possible academic violations involving a tutor.
Wichard's longtime friendship with former Tar Heels assistant coach John Blake has been a key part of the investigations.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Top QB commit: No 'Johnny Football' pressure
- Cops: Miami LBs admit to sex assault of teen
- USC's Bigelow out for season with torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth North Carolina Tar Heels Carolina Blue #2 Football Game Jersey