Sam Montgomery out for season
BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Les Miles says starting defensive end Sam Montgomery will miss the rest of the season with torn ligaments in his right knee.
Miles said Wednesday that the team is scheduling reconstructive surgery and that Montgomery would not play again until next fall.
Montgomery was injured during the first quarter of No. 12 LSU's 16-14 victory over Tennessee last Saturday while attempting to rush the quarterback from the right end.
Montgomery had 18 total tackles, with six tackles for losses including two sacks.
LSU (5-0, 3-0 SEC) plays at No. 14 Florida on Saturday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Lsu Tigers #18 Purple Football Game Jersey