Shaq Wilson likely finished for 2010
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina linebacker Shaq Wilson will likely miss the rest of the season because of a hamstring injury.
Wilson was the team's leading tackler in 2009, and was expected to play a major role for the 10th-ranked Gamecocks' defense this season. Instead, Wilson injured his hamstring early in summer workouts and has played just one game.
South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier expects Wilson to count this season as a redshirt year.
Wilson missed the Gamecocks' first three games this season and returned against Auburn on Sept. 25.
Wilson recovered two fumbles in the 35-27 loss, but he didn't have the mobility of a year ago. He sat out last Saturday's 35-21 upset of previously unbeaten and top-ranked Alabama.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- TCU's Fields surrenders to assault warrant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's South Carolina Gamecocks 2014 Football Schedule Garnet T-Shirt