Butch Davis bans Twitter at UNC
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina football coach Butch Davis has told his players to stop using Twitter.
UNC football spokesman Kevin Best says Davis gave the order on Thursday at practice that players are forbidden from using the popular microblogging service.
The decision follows at least two instances where players were told to take down Twitter posts. Best says defensive tackle Quinton Coples and fullback Devon Ramsey both made inappropriate posts recently. Ramsey's post involved a photograph.
Best says players who currently have Twitter accounts have been told to deactivate them, and players without accounts are barred from joining the service.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings North Carolina Tar Heels Hail Mary Youth-Sized Football