Bo Pelini questions own QB switch
Pelini said on the Big 12 coaches' teleconference with reporters Monday that he doesn't know if it was the right decision because Nebraska's problems went beyond quarterback play.
The Cornhuskers had three receivers drop touchdown passes, and the offensive line was outplayed.
Pelini said he and offensive coordinator Shawn Watson discussed whether to change quarterbacks but that Pelini made the call. Zac Lee came in and led the Huskers to a field goal.
Pelini said he was looking for a spark and that "you live and learn as a head coach."
Martinez will start this week at Oklahoma State.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two vie for A&M QB job as Joeckel to transfer
- Kentucky QB battle heats up as Whitlow exits
- Mankato players refuse to practice for old coach
- More trouble: 3 Texas A&M players arrested
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell Nebraska Cornhuskers Speed Revolution Authentic Full-Size Football Helmet