Rob Bolden leaves game with injury
The freshman was hurt when he was tackled near the sideline in the second quarter of Saturday's game at Minnesota. Sophomore Matthew McGloin replaced Bolden, who sat on the ground for a few minutes while being attended to before leaving the field. There was no immediate word from the Nittany Lions about the nature of Bolden's injury.
Bolden had only two scoring passes and six interceptions in the previous five games, but he started strong against the Gophers by going 11 for 13 for 130 yards and a touchdown.
McGloin went in ahead of Kevin Newsome, the sophomore who's listed as the second stringer.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Penn State Nittany Lions Hail Mary Youth Football