Chris L. Rucker enters game in 2nd
Rucker was allowed back on the team Thursday after serving eight days in jail for a probation violation. Rucker was initially charged with drunken driving and later plead guilty to a reduced charge of reckless driving.
Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio said Rucker paid team and legal consequences for his poor decision.
Rucker was sentenced to 12 months of probation and 150 hours of community service for assault last year for his role in a fight on campus.
The Spartans were trailing 17-0 when Rucker took the field and quickly fell behind 23-0.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Michigan State Spartans XP Authentic Football Helmet