QB Taylor Martinez has ankle sprain
Pelini said he held Martinez out of practice on Monday, but he expects Martinez back at practice Tuesday. Pelini also said Martinez should be ready for Saturday's game at Iowa State.
Martinez was injured late in the second quarter of the Huskers' (No. 7 BCS, No. 9 AP) 31-17 win over No. 14 Missouri (No. 12 BCS, No. 14 AP). Zac Lee took over for Martinez to start the third quarter.
Pelini also said cornerback Alfonzo Dennard is day to day after a collision with teammate Courtney Osborne left him with a concussion.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Missouri Tigers Anthracite 'Mizzou Made' T-Shirt