QB Taylor Martinez has ankle sprain
Pelini said he held Martinez out of practice on Monday, but he expects Martinez back at practice Tuesday. Pelini also said Martinez should be ready for Saturday's game at Iowa State.
Martinez was injured late in the second quarter of the Huskers' (No. 7 BCS, No. 9 AP) 31-17 win over No. 14 Missouri (No. 12 BCS, No. 14 AP). Zac Lee took over for Martinez to start the third quarter.
Pelini also said cornerback Alfonzo Dennard is day to day after a collision with teammate Courtney Osborne left him with a concussion.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- North Dakota St. cruises into FCS title game
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Black Speed Legend Long Sleeve Performance Shirt