No contact between UCF, Big East
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Representatives from Central Florida and Houston both said there has been no contact between their schools and the Big East Conference regarding the league's desire to increase its football members.
Both schools have been speculated to be potential targets for the Big East, but both universities released statements Wednesday saying they continue to be "a proud member of Conference USA."
Big East presidents unanimously agreed Tuesday to expand the number of football-playing schools from eight to 10. TCU from the Mountain West Conference also could be a potential target.
UCF has been hoping to make the jump to a BCS automatic-qualifying conference such as the Big East for years. But the university has always publicly remained quiet about possible moves.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Alabama's Reed arrested, charged with DUI
- Auburn's Marshall cited for having marijuana
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's TCU Horned Frogs Purple Coaches Performance Polo