Robbie Caldwell received multiyear deal
Vanderbilt football coach Robbie Caldwell told ESPN's Joe Schad that he has been working under a multiyear contract.
In August, the interim tag was removed from Caldwell's title. Caldwell replaced Bobby Johnson, who unexpectedly retired before the start of this season.
Caldwell said Vanderbilt (2-6, 1-4 SEC) does not reveal contractual details but that he is planning to coach Vanderbilt next season.
The 56-year-old Caldwell had coached the Vanderbilt offensive line since 2002 and was assistant head coach in recent years under Johnson.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Auburn's Marshall cited for having marijuana
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- Hall of Fame set to open Aug. 23 in Atlanta
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Vanderbilt Commodores 2014 Football Schedule Black T-Shirt