Joe Paterno lauded by Congress
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State's Joe Paterno has been honored by Congress for his 400th career win.
The U.S. House passed a resolution Wednesday lauding the Hall of Fame coach after the Nittany Lions secured his latest milestone with a come-from-behind victory over Northwestern two weeks ago.
Pennsylvania Congressman Glenn Thompson sponsored the resolution. He says it was appropriate to express support not only for Paterno's record, but the coach's overall achievements on and off the field.
Thompson's district encompasses State College. Thirty-one representatives also signed on as co-sponsors, including Pennsylvania's 18 other U.S. House members.
Penn State plays Indiana on Saturday in Landover, Md.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- North Dakota St. cruises into FCS title game
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Penn State Nittany Lions Mini Rubber Football