Leonard Hankerson sets TD record
MIAMI -- Leonard Hankerson broke Pro Football Hall of Famer Michael Irvin's record Saturday for most touchdown catches in a single season by a Miami Hurricane.
Hankerson's 9-yard reception with 11:54 left in the first quarter for the 24th-ranked Hurricanes against Virginia Tech (No. 16 BCS, No. 14 AP) was his 12th touchdown of the season. Irvin had 11 in 1986.
It was the 21st touchdown in Hankerson's Miami career, moving him to third for the Hurricanes behind Irvin (26) and Lamar Thomas (23).
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Auburn's Marshall cited for having marijuana
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Miami Hurricanes Replica Football