Nebraska honors Ndamukong Suh
Suh was The Associated Press national player of the year last season and the Huskers' most decorated defensive player. All major award winners have their jerseys retired, although their numbers remain available to active Huskers.
Suh's name appears along with other honorees on the north end-zone wall.
Wearing a Detroit Tigers baseball cap, Suh said it was a blessing to be honored along with the 16 other players who have their jerseys retired. He thanked the fans for their support when he played at Nebraska and now that he's with the Lions.
Last spring, Suh pledged $2.6 million to the school, the largest contribution ever by a former player.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Toddler Home Game Jersey Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh #90