Sources: Brennan Carroll to Miami
Miami is going to hire former Southern California tight ends coach/recruiting coordinator Brennan Carroll to join Al Golden's staff, sources said Wednesday.
The 31-year-old Carroll, the son of ex-Trojans coach Pete Carroll, was on USC's staff from 2002 to 2009. He is a former tight end at Pittsburgh.
In 2007, the younger Carroll coached Fred Davis, who won the John Mackey Award, honoring the nation's top tight end.
This past season, Carroll worked in private business in Los Angeles.
Golden has yet to hire his offensive coordinator at Miami.
Bruce Feldman is a senior writer at ESPN The Magazine.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- NCAA's top cop: Cheaters 'will be found out'
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Miami Hurricanes Green Football Practice Legend T-Shirt