Purdue's Danny Hope makes changes
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Purdue coach Danny Hope is shaking up his coaching staff after a second straight losing season.
Hope says he has promoted offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Gary Nord to assistant head coach.
Gary Emanuel, the co-defensive coordinator last season, will now make the defensive calls. Donn Landholm, the other co-defensive coordinator, will remain on staff but will be exclusively a position coach -- likely to be the linebackers.
The Boilermakers also have two vacancies.
Linebackers coach Mark Hagen left for Indiana last month. He'll be coaching special teams and defensive tackles with the Hoosiers. And receivers coach Brian Rock also has left to become Kent State's offensive coordinator.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas AD: Union push 'smells' of attorneys
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Source: Joeckel to transfer from A&M to TCU
- NCAA prez Emmert: Food rule was 'absurd'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Purdue Boilermakers Black #8 Football Game Jersey