Juron Criner will head back to Arizona
Wildcats coach Mike Stoops announced Tuesday that Criner is coming back because "he wants to be the best wide receiver in the country. ... I think another year will serve him well."
The 6-foot-4 Criner had 82 catches for 1,233 yards and 11 touchdowns last season. He had eight games with at least 95 yards receiving and five games in triple digits.
The Arizona Daily Star says Criner applied to get his draft status from an NFL advisory committee, although Stoops would not say what the results were.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- North Dakota St. cruises into FCS title game
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arizona Wildcats 'Quick Toss' Softee Football