Nick Fairley to announce draft decision
2011 NFL Draft
AUBURN, Ala. -- Lombardi Award winner Nick Fairley of Auburn will announce on Friday if he plans to skip his senior year and enter the NFL draft. The junior defensive tackle could be the top overall pick.
Fairley's high school football coach says the announcement will come at the player's alma mater, Williamson High School in Mobile. Underclassmen have until Saturday to declare for the draft.
Fairley was the defensive MVP of Monday night's national championship game victory over Oregon. He had a sack, three tackles for a loss and a forced fumble. He led the SEC with 24 tackles for a loss and had a school-record 11.5 sacks.
Fairley has played the last two seasons at Auburn after transferring from junior college.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- UGA frosh Bellamy faces DUI, speeding charges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Auburn Tigers Hail Mary Youth Football