Mountain West won't expand further
The conference board of directors on Tuesday issued a statement saying the configuration already established works best going forward.
The announcement came at the conclusion of its annual meeting in Las Vegas, where topics included television contracts, membership and efforts to change the Bowl Championship Series structure.
The Mountain West will have eight members as of July, with BYU and Utah departing and Boise State joining current members TCU, New Mexico, UNLV, San Diego State, Colorado State, Wyoming and Air Force.
In July 2012, TCU departs and Fresno and Nevada join in all sports. Hawaii joins the MWC in football only, while its other teams will compete in the Big West.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Mexico State Aggies Throwback Mini Football