Hogs' Lance Ray faces pot charge
The 19-year-old Ray was arrested late Saturday night by university police after the smell of marijuana was detected coming from his dorm room. According to a preliminary police report, Ray had a brown rolled cigarette containing a green leafy substance that tested positive for marijuana.
The misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance charge carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail.
Ray also was charged with minor in possession of alcohol and was transported to the Washington County Detention Center, where he was released from early Sunday morning.
The redshirt freshman played in nine games last season for Arkansas, finishing with one catch for 6 yards. His primary contribution came on special teams, where he had 23 kickoff returns for a 22.5-yard average.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Alabama's Reed arrested, charged with DUI
- Auburn's Marshall cited for having marijuana
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arkansas Razorbacks Tailgater Junior-Size Football