Ed Podolak stable after car accident
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa football radio broadcaster and former NFL running back Ed Podolak is in stable condition after being struck by a car in Scottsdale, Ariz.
The university says in a statement Monday evening that Podolak suffered serious injuries when he was hit by a car while crossing the street outside his hotel early Sunday morning.
Podolak was attending a social event Saturday in Scottsdale. His daughter, Laura Podolak, says he is alert and in good spirits.
Podolak played for the Hawkeyes and spent nine seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs. He rushed for 4,451 yards and 34 touchdowns for Kansas City from 1969-77.
Podolak has been an announcer for Iowa for the past 30 years.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
- McCarron: Feel like I'm best QB in the draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Iowa Hawkeyes Coaches Performance Black Polo