Steve Spurrier gets raise, no extension
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier will earn $800,000 more this season after the school trustees signed off on an improved contract.
Spurrier made $2 million in 2010. His total compensation increases to $2.875 million in 2012 and $2.95 million in 2013. The reworked agreement did not include a contract extension, which athletic director Eric Hyman says the 65-year-old coach did seek.
Spurrier's base salary of $250,000 a year remains the same. His guaranteed outside compensation increased to nearly $2.3 million for next season. Spurrier will also get $257,000 in deferred compensation.
Trustees also approved a three-year contract extension and raise for women's basketball coach Dawn Staley.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas hires search committee for new coach
- Sun Devils promote Norvell to deputy HC
- Bowling Green hires EIU's Babers as coach
- Lineman Pettway finalizes return to Alabama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Women's South Carolina Gamecocks #7 Garnet Replica Football Jersey