Reports: Ducks' Kiko Alonso arrested
Linebacker Kiko Alonso, suspended for the Ducks' 2010 season because of a DUI arrest, has been charged in Oregon with burglary, criminal mischief and criminal trespass after his arrest Sunday in Lane County, according to local reports.
The junior was the fourth Oregon player to be arrested in the span of a month early last year. As the Ducks were putting together an undefeated season that culminated in an appearance in the Tostitos BCS National Championship Game in January, Alonso's sophomore season went by the wayside.
Alonso's arrest for DUI came hours after coach Chip Kelly, in a news conference to address the slew of incidents, said he was implementing a tougher disciplinary policy as a result.
As a freshman reserve, Alonso had 16 tackles in 12 games, including one tackle for loss, and forced one fumble.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- L'ville to make Grantham among richest DCs
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oregon Ducks White Hypercool 3.0 Performance T-shirt