QB Ryan Williams transfers to Miami
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Former Memphis quarterback Ryan Williams has transferred to Miami.
Williams played in all 12 games for Memphis last season, completing 57 percent of his passes for 2,075 yards, 13 touchdowns and 10 interceptions as a freshman. He's a South Florida native and led Miramar High to a state championship in 2009.
Miami coach Al Golden says Williams adds "toughness, incredible work ethic and smarts on and off the field" to the Hurricanes.
Miami has also confirmed that a pair of defensive reserves, linebacker Travis Williams and defensive back Jamal Reid, plan to seek transfers.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Briles on Fisher's critique: Worry about ACC
- FSU coach explains why Winston unpunished
- Top WR picks Auburn over USC, Tide, OSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Miami Hurricanes Green Football Practice Legend T-Shirt